Volunteers are vital to the work at Young Families as we support young families spiritually, emotionally and practically. Here are some of the opportunities to get involved:
- Drivers - Our young moms need help getting to and from our programs.
- Mentors – Are you willing to share your story with young moms or listen to theirs?
- Bakers and cooks – Serve and teach young moms and their children through your love of baking and cooking.
- Childcare – Young moms need a break to focus on their own development; can you spare a few hours for our weekly childcare programs?
- Organizational and technical support – Provide practical assistance to the Young Families centre in Surrey.
We are looking for men to partner with us, to help change a generation. Volunteering with Stepping Up is unbelievably rewarding and will impact your life as much as you'll impact others. A short list of opportunities is below, but we'd be happy to talk to you if there's a specific area you have a heart for.
We need volunteers for:
- Thursday Hockey Nights
- Saturday AM Dads Breakfasts
- 1 on 1 mentoring programs
- Trades or Specific Skills (i.e. accounting, teaching, art) willing to come teach about what they do and why they do it.