Stepping Stones is a simple concept of meeting young moms, baking muffins and enjoying one another’s company while their children are cared for by our excellent on site childcare. Volunteers work alongside moms as they bake, followed by a useful life skills discussion and guest speaker from the community. If you need a ride to to this morning program, please let us know!
Location: Fleetwood Christian Reformed Church, 9165-160th Street, Surrey
Day: Wednesdays (except statutory holidays)
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:45 AM
Every Monday, young moms and dads and their children are welcome to come by our centre for Drop-In. It’s a great place to meet other young parents, talk to our staff and counselors and receive practical support for your week. Take home free diapers, wipes and formula or use our resource centre (computers, phone and fax).
Location: People's Church, 14455-104 Ave, Surrey
Day: Monday's (except stat holidays)
Time: 9:30 am - 11:30 am & 2:00 pm - 4:30pm
Thrive is an intensive life skills program designed to empower young mothers to improve the quality of life for themselves and their families. As one of the cornerstone programs of Young Families, Thrive helps young mothers face the challenges that often hold them back from living a life of purpose and financial independence.
The Thrive Program changes lives. Over 80% of its participants go on to be healthy, contributing members of our community, raising their children and achieving financial independence through education and sustainable employment. Thrive is committed to each Thrive participant long term, offering counseling and mentoring for 18 months after graduation.
- 10 weeks of daily workshops, 9:30 to 2:15pm, Monday to Thursday
- Free professional child care during 10 week workshops
- Group counseling and personal coaching to help face personal challenges
- Spiritual guidance based on Christian principles
- Practical life skills, parenting, and employment skills
- Resume building workshops such as Food Safe and First Aid
- Staff support, mentoring and professional counselling
You are eligible to participate in Thrive if you are:
- A young mother aged 16 to 24
- On income assistance, unemployed or out of school
- Committed to making positive life changes
Classes begin September 18th, 2017. Thrive applications are due July 6th, 2017.
For further information contact us at: 604-590-3759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.